Open Letter to Barack Obama (I am bored sitting looking over Boston Harbor):
I am not a registered voter in the U.S. But, I spent a majority of the last year in the U.S and like many, followed the elections closely.
Here is my message to you (because, there is no button or option on your website saying "send a message to Barack" Sic.)
- You are losing. I like your campaign and the message, but you are losing steam Hillary is at a tipping point. You are totally on the defensive, not your strong point.
- Your campaign is slacking. Looks like your campaign strategists think they have already won. Not a good idea.
- Get down to basics. Go back and use speeches that Barack used at the beginning of the campaign. Fresh, centered around his message not rebutting Hillary's message
- Ignoring Hillary (by not debating) wont work, nor will going on the offensive. You have to upset her rhythm (and yes, she is onto something)
- "I will unite people" sounds like a cool message. BUT, it doesnt mean anything. People that I meet dont feel that "unity" is a problem that needs solving. Unity sounds cool for the admen but you cant do squat with it.
- You have no competitive advantage: You are boringly similar on: Healthcare, war in Iraq, economy, immigration, gas prices, boring shit on TV, little David getting bullied at school. What is this "change" that you keep talking about? Unless you make it perceptible, tangible, fungible, and other gibles. (eligible, exigible and most interesting: Erigible (capable of being erected!). Jokes apart. your core message (or lack of it) is taking a hit.
If I think of you, Obama, these are the terms which come to my head: New, fresh, black, smooth talker, anti-politician, empathetic, courageous and seemingly "above it all". In one word: Messiah!!
Terms which did not come to my mind: "Problem solver", Leader, strategic thinker, fearless, understands my issues. In one word: President!!
Sadly, Messiahs dont need to be voted in.
Claps are not votes. Voice votes work only after you get elected.
Think. Act. Don't just talk