Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Korea Closes Shutters on Public Camera Phones - Computer Business Review: "The Korean government has struck a blow for its citizen's privacy - or at least their right not to be embarrassed. The country's Ministry of Information and Communications has ordered camera phone makers to program their devices to emit a 65 decibel beep whenever they snap a picture or record video. The beep must be setup so that users cannot deactivate it. The ministry said the new rule was voluntary, and that it superseded its earlier plan to ban camera phones from public places such as swimming pools."

Think about it, I want to take a picture of little baby (not that I have one) sleeping peacefully holding on to her favorite soft kangaroo and I I take out my camera and point and adjust the lighting, adjust my position to get little arms and the folded fingers around the kangaroo tail and click. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Followed by BAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Thwaaaaaaaaaack from My my wife (now that one I have). Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccch.
(P.S. I move to Korea sometime in the future)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home